MrsC seems to think I'm superwoman & capable of coming up with 6 unknown things about myself as well as 6 other gorgeous bloggers. The bloggers bit is easy; so many wonderful choices ~ but I am suffering brain fatigue. Six things I haven't already said about me looks fairly impossible this morning.
1. I used to drive myself crazy as a child by wondering who I would be if my grandfather hadn't left Scotland & emmigrated to Australia, met my grandmother who had my mother who had several charming boyfriends before she met my father. The possibilities were mindboggling. I could have been someone quite different. If Poppy hadn't left Scotland I would have been Scottish , would never have met Dearest, never had Ditz. Now there's a thought!
2.My parents believed in regular bedtimes for children. Just the same it was rare for me to be asleep before my night owl of a mother turned off the last light & went to bed herself. I told myself stories in the dark for hours on end. This was preferable to the difficult act of actually falling asleep which necessiated negotiating a recurrent nightmare wherein I was happily floating past Saturn & Jupiter, Neptune & Pluto, drifting past stars & galaxies, moons & meteorites & into infinity. Infinity was grey & eternal, a vast emptiness of nothingness that freaked me out so much I simply couldn't fall asleep because, you knever knew, it might actually end up happening! Yeah, well, logic was never my strong suite!
3. I like speculative science. Is there even such a thing?
4. I can recite We're Going on a Bear Hunt & Where the Wild Things Are from memory; still. With actions. And sound effects. Years & years after my little ones became big people.
5. I can tell the most boring campfire stories that still scare the pants off snotty little boys who think they are tougher than I am. The element of surprise is a wonderful thing.
6. I learnt the art of story~telling when I worked as a Children's Librarian. If it didn't involve actually getting a very boring degree & working with silly adults I'd probably still be doing it. Kids books are the best books.
Ok, I will keep the awards to people who actually seem to get into them so I'm not playing favourites here.
Linda at Simply Living
Diane at Tomato Soup Cake
& MamaO in her Olive Grove
Ok, ladies, pass the bloggy ♥♥♥♥ around.