GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Update...

"God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply" -- Hudson Taylor


Liddy is in something of a tail~spin.





"Everything is happening so fast," she wailed. I just looked at her. Fast? This has been more than 10 years in the making. God's just applying the final touches to what he has been making for 10 years. I have this picture. Liddy is getting it. Everything for the past 10 years has been towards this end.





Even Dearest is spinning. He's never experienced anything quite like this before. I have so for me the speed is yet another confirmation that this is indeed God's timing.





Liddy sent her confirmation of interest in last Thursday. She had her answer Monday. Paperwork is e~mailing to & fro but even though all the paperwork is not finished, even though Liddy has not sent in all the paperwork, Liddy is solid. The Chile people have already been contacted. Liddy now has choices. They will hold a training place open for her or she can go straight into the work, training on the field. God seems to be happy to let her decide this one.





As she began filling out her resume Liddy started getting excited. Everything dove~tailed perfectly for this opening. All the soccer, all the coaching, all the Little Athletics, all the child care Liddy had forgotten she'd done ~ even the retail; teamwork, teamwork, teamwork. Even her surname is Spanish.

Issi is less happy. He knows something is going on. His Alpha Females are constantly coming & going. There is an air of excitement in the house. Yesterday he crawled into Liddy's bed & under her blankets & had a serious meltdown. Yesterday he couldn't even find Dearest & when he realised he wasn't home alone & Dearest was in fact still here, he demanded lots of reassurance. Don't even think Singapore. Goodness only knows what that cat will think when Liddy goes & does not come back.

So a huge thank you to everyone who has taken on the prayer challenge & may we ask for your continued & ongoing prayers. Liddy has updated her own blog & she is about to open a new one to chart her Chile journey & help keep everyone in touch. Truly, we covert your prayers & intercession. Much as I am as driven to send Liddy as she is driven to go, this is not going to be easy. I am finding myself jealousy storing up memories knowing they are going to have to last me a long time & the letting go is hard when you have been as close as Liddy & I have been for as long as Liddy & I have been. Remember Ditz too, who is giving up a sister she adores & who will miss her companionship fiercely because Liddy has always been very good to her, never mind my mother who adores her oldest grand~daughter & her regular visits. We are all going to have to sacrifice something but Liddy is much stronger than most people think & she has always been very sure about this. Me, well, God told me before she was even born that this one was His & I have always known my time with her would be dependent upon God's calling on her life.

I must say, things are never dull when God is in charge of the details.

14 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

Ahhh... so exciting! I will keep you in my prayers mama. I know if I were in your shoes I would be sorely in need of prayer support, no matter how happy I was, no matter how sure I was of God's hand. One mama praying for another♥

Sandra said...

OK, I was absent for a little while and I obviously missed something. I can get the gist of it from this post. Liddy is leaving home, she is going to Chile. This is HUGE. Of course she must chart her own course, but I know this is a bittersweet pill for everyone. You live on an island. You have to be close. You lead a very eventful life my friend. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Ganeida said...

Diane: Thanks, love.

Sandra: Liddy has an opening to work with street kids in Chile, playing soccer etc. Her commitentment would be for 2 years. It's perfect for her; just exactly what we have been waiting for.

Richele McFarlin said...

An opportunity to work in Chile? WOW..that is wonderful! Very exciting!

Anonymous said...

HI Ganeida,
I'm praying for Liddy and for your family, too, as I have a feeling that she will be very much missed.
Blessings,
Jillian

Ganeida said...

Richele: it is very exciting.

Jillian: Now what gave you that idea? 1ol. Yes, she will indeed be missed.

MamaOlive said...

Something's wrong with your priorities when your oldest daughter is leaving home and you're worried about how you CAT will react!! :-D

How exciting! Knowing God's in charge takes some of the stress out of the situation, but I can only imagine the heart-rending going on. God bless you all.

Diane Shiffer said...

Heya honey☺ I was thinking of possibly putting up a button on my blog "Praying for Liddy" or something like that... maybe linking back to a post explaining her work/position/adorableness. Sort of as a way to offer her (and you all too!) prayer support. What would you and the girl think of something like that? Any objections or preferences? Let me know what you think!

Richele McFarlin said...

Hey, if you do make a blog button for your daugther...be sure to post about it so I grab it for my own blog. I would love the privlege of praying for one so trusting in the Lord's path for her.

Jan Lyn said...

How wise a statement that "our time is truly dependent on God's calling" of our children. I've tried to keep that clearly in mind while raising ours too,and it is fast becoming real here too with our 19 year old. What a fantastic opportunity. I have dipped into Liddy's blog a bit and am in awe of how mature a believer she is and what a devoted spirit she has at such a young age. I am blessed to keep all of you in prayer! Wow...

Ganeida said...

Nothing's wrong with my priorities, MamaO. I have to live with the cat! ☺

Persuaded: What a wonderful & thoughtful idea! Liddy is thrilled to bits! She is hoping to get another blog up to link to for this journey.

Richele: Persuaded is doing this as I have no idea how to even begin but I will make sure you know about it! ☺

Jan Lyn: I am hoping to get some space to comment on your blog before we go away but your posts are so thoughtful I can't just scribble a hasty reply & my poor old brain isn't in the best working condition just now.

Liddy has always amazed me. Even as a wee thing God was very important to her but even before she was concieved God told me that this one was His, in a special way. After all those boys I was haggling for a girl. Conditions applied. lol. ☺

Diane Shiffer said...

OK girlie.. I'll get to work on it! (which translates to mean that I haven't a clue as to how to make button, but one of my girls probably does. They'll do it for me... after all they owe me, right? lol)

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

((Liddy))

I have to agree that things are happening so fast!!

seekingmyLord said...

I am so conflicted with thanking the Lord, being happy for Liddy, and being sad for you, I don't know what I should feel.

I am still trying to catch up. You know, homeschooling, housework, and Christmas! Maybe I will finally find a few moments to post on my own blog this week...?