GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

We Found Monty's!

There’s more to life than chocolate, but not right now .
Wandering down LaTrobe Terrace we discovered Monty's Chocolates. Oh my! This is serious decadence. Serious chocolate. Do not enter the premises unless you have serious self~control ~ which I don't when it comes to chocolate because Man cannot live on chocolate alone; but woman sure can!


Now what really took my fancy were these glorious glass jars which display the small chocolate goodies beautifully. I thought they were absolutely charming & old worldy & just the ants pants so I asked as nicely as I know how if I could take a picture...& because I can be completely extroverted when I don't know people, will probably never meet them again & even if I do it is extremely unlikely they will remember one twitty woman out of the hundreds they probably run into in the course of a week ~ I asked if she'd mind being introduced to the world via my blog? No? Luvverly!
And then... Oh. My. Goodness. She let us taste test some of the chocolate!!! Rich. Exquisite. To die for chocolate. Scorched hazelnuts. Scorched almonds in dark chocolate & then as a very special treat, she let us try the speciality of the house ~ their hot chocolate. I am running out of superlatives but honestly. Remember that classic line in When Harry Met Sally, "I'll have what she's having."? That was us. Drooling. Ecstasies. A hint of nutmeg. A touch of cinnamon. Subtle. Mmmm. And the best bit? It's not really sweet, just rich & chocolatey. Exactly the sort of chocolate Siano & I like. There's not much left of it in our house.


We didn't have a lot of time but we were charmed by the ambiance of Monty's & next time Siano's in Brissie I'm sure we'll find our way back. We got friendly, excellent service & the store was jam~packed with all sorts of wonderful goodies we wish we'd had time to investigate. If you are in Brisbane & out that way do drop in & try their chocolate. It is even worth a special trip. Really it is. Good chocolate is always worth it.


We brought a take~away home with us & a bag of the scorched hazlenuts.

5 comments:

seekingmyLord said...

Sacrifice...is being without chocolate.
Torture....is having chocolate, but not being able to eat it.
Cruelty....is your friend's blog describing her wonderful chocolate experience which you unsuspectingly read...on your fasting day!!!!!

If I was not such a forgiving person, this could have been the end of our friendship. Who knows? I just may have to poke you once or twice when we meet in heaven. So...(whispering) tell me the absolute truth: Was it *really* good chocolate?

Ganeida said...

Shhhh...it was *really* good chocolate. *sigh*. I may never recover from the experience. It is so hard out here to get really good *dark* chocolate.

seekingmyLord said...

*Sigh* I just knew it! The cruelty is inhumane!!!!

Let's make a pact, you and I, that should I ever visit Australia that we shall go there and indulge ourselves royally! Oh, thankfully, I will be asleep in a few minutes, perhaps tasting chocolate in my dreams.

Ganeida said...

Ahhhh! Yes indeed. Why does everybody who thinks like I do live in my computer? lol Actually Siano thinks like I do & chocolate for breakfast has been very nice indeed. ☺

Allison said...

Love the photo of you!