GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Friday, December 4, 2009

I hate shopping!

Never wear anything that panics the cat. ~P.J. O'Rourke
We have shoes! Weeks...days...dare I say months...it has taken us, but we have shoes. There is a reason I don't own any footwear but thongs; I am a double E [so'sDitz]. No~one makes double E fittings. Ditz is also a size 9 1/2. Very few people make 1/2 sizes any more. Ditz's shoes still aren't right but they were the best we could do ~ & we are hoping like mad we don't die on the scaffold come Sunday, sacrificial offering to the festival choir shoe fashion.

I also bought sneakers for me; Ditz already has sneakers. Then I needed a pair of shoes for the concerts. Honestly, by the time I found something that I could get my broad foot into without having a good 3" of spare leather in the toe flapping around I didn't care less whether I liked the shoes or not. They fit. They don't have a heel. My feet don't feel like they're getting squashed in a pincher movement. I can walk without tottering. What a nightmare!!! Watching Ditz about come to grief in a pair of heels & I knew no way could she be let lose on the Esplanade stage in something like that. Visons of her coming to grief & hurtling across the stage on her belly like a penguin shooting into the front row. Can you imagine all that weight coming at you like a torpedo?! Alison would never work with us again!
Scurrying round the traps I picked up a very nice pair of stretch pin~stripe trousers ~cheap~ & a very pretty top that's a little dressier than my Ts while the girls hit the sales & did very well for themselves. Sunday we put together the little black dress, the black stockings, the black shoes, the black hair ribbon, mascarra & rouge & lip gloss & hope to glory that every one looks & sounds as good as they need to for Singapore. Dress rehearsal. I have butterflies in my tum~tum.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

and do i dare say miracles happen?

Ganeida said...

Believe me, Mr Bean, it was a miracle!

Linda said...

Similar story here, though I have never got my head on the Bs etc. I get my sneakers from Athlete's Foot, and I got my flat two bar scuff thingos from Colarado. Believe it or not my daughter got her high heels at Target, it was our last hope that particular day.

Richele McFarlin said...

I'm glad you found shoes! Shoe shopping is difficult. I haven't bought shoes in a very long time either. I have very small feet...so I have a hard time finding adult looking shoes. lol.

Molytail said...

I live in Crocs (and winter boots) because I can never find 'shoes' that fit my big feets comfortably....but I LOVE the star sneakers!! Those are way cool. They'd kill my feet, but I'd wear 'em for a while anyway. *grin*

I should take a pic of the craziness Cindy wore on her feet for the Olympic Torch performance. You'd think I'd lost my mind. :-P

Allison said...

I'd go shopping for you two in a heartbeat! I absolutely love shopping for other people. Not for myself, though...that's a nightmare.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
You did really well - I hate shoe shopping with a passion. I think that it stems back to my childhood - memories of being dragged from one shoeshop to another! :(

I would shop for anything, but not shoes!

Have a great weekend,
Blessings,
Jillian