GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Summer is here...

"The open air, it should be closed during the summer!" Hercule Poirot

Summer ~ & Iss really gets into sneaking round the place after stray passerbys with exposed ankles! Yep, he's a nipper. And he likes to roll around in the dusty paths with the fallen leaves & the bark & lots of scuttling little lizards.
The cousins have arrived. Our place has Ditz so is naturally more intrinsically interesting than their granparent's. Ditz has guitars & flutes, her own mini stereo so they can sing along together, drawing paper & paints, monopoly & cluedo, jig~saws & lego. The game boy has unfortunately died but it doesn't seem to matter.

Art is a serious business & the girls take it very seriously indeed. So nice to watch Ditz doing the girly thing with her much younger cousins. She's a great little hostess & it is soooo quiet...apart from the giggling. Lots of giggling. Ah, summer on the islands....With the rain drizzling down, the mosquitoes arriving in droves & a game of cluedo on Ditz's unmade bed.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quiet with Ditz around - is she still sick? lol

The girls sound as if they are having fun. :D

Have a great week,
Blessings,
Jillian

Britwife said...

oh, I ache for summer, aster reading your post. I love winter and snow...but we won't have warm weather until May...and that is a bit heartbreaking.

Sandra said...

A house full of kids, I've never experienced it, but I think it would be wonderful. At least for awhile! Enjoy your summer and I'll bemoan my winter. : )

Ganeida said...

Jillian: I *know*!!!! Younger kids always seem to surprise Ditz with the way they behave, Gives her a horrifying glimpse of herself in action ~ especially the cousins who are enough like her to be nerve~wracking! They are being pretty good & I do understand the grands is boring but come 5pm I send them home so we can do tea & unwind in peace.

Britwife: I couldn't do your winters. My time in England was more than enough. All that grey sky for weeks & weeks on end.

Sandra: There'll be more come Christmas day. And the kids'll end up here. I find it all a little overwhelming...but then I'm a hermit at heart. ☺

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Yep, it's just called "Clue" here. Perfect game no matter the weather. :]

Jeanne said...

Hmmm, Cluedo. I used to love that game. We have one somewhere - wonder if Jemimah is old enough to play with me yet?