GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hospitality hour.

Above all, love eache other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 1 Peter4: 8~9
It has been overcast & muggy with the wind rattling the tree~tops & banging sticks down upon the roof. It is threatening to rain ~ but never does. The odd spit doesn't count. Summer ~ & the weather still can't make up its mind whether its Arthur or Martha, spring, winter, autumn or summer. Sometimes we get all 4 seasons in the course of one day; more like Melbourne than Brisbane.
It is confusing. I always travel with a jacket. It's pretty much guaranteed to be blowing like the clappers on the jetty. I get cold & when I get cold I get miserable & am no fun to play with.

So despite the fact Ditz & I are reaching the overwhelmed stage pronto & I am regretting signing up for this circus [think shoes people; we still do not have shoes & the dress rehearsal is this Sunday] we had Euan over for dinner last night. Euan is a dearly beloved friend & with his wife away, home alone. We don't offer hospitality often. I'm just not round enough to really get my act together & we are often too tired to be scintillating hosts but Euan is missing his wife & is such a sweet, godly man it is no hardship to add his presence round our table. The girls were thrilled. With their father cooking the meat there was some chance it would arrive on their plate not charcoaled to a crisp [nothing worse than a piece of meat that looks like it should still be bleating in a paddock somewhere in my book]. Better yet I got inspired to do desert. Yes, people; lemon meringue pie! And it was very good indeed!


8 comments:

Allison said...

Though I'm generally not fond of sweets, I make an exception for extra lemony lemon meringue pie. Yours looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
I love my steak somewhere between charcoal and cremated - I don't like my meat mooing when it is on my plate.

Lemon Meringue pie sounds delightful, and it is wonderful to practice hospitality.

Have a great week shoe-shopping ;)
Blessings,
Jillian

Molytail said...

My husband is the kind of guy who does prefer his meat to moo. Grosses me out completely, but then I'm the vegetarian - no surprise that my nose goes crooked at the sight of a rare steak. :-P

HOW do you get your headband/scarfy/whatsits to stay on? I've tried many sorts and they always slide off and drive me nuts.

If you're put out with your overcast & muggy weather, I could box up some snow for ya.. ?

Diane Shiffer said...

Well look at you sitting there with your big blue eyes! Aren't you the cutest thing?!

And #237 in the volume of reasons why it would be nice to be neighbors: Amelia would most happily take Ditz shoe shopping and the two of them would have quite the time of it too, I imagine☺

Richele McFarlin said...

Well, bleating meat would be a hoot on a plate. I must admit, I love a medium rare steak!

I love your header on your blog...just beautiful!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Hope you find some shoes and soon! I hate shopping myself.

Ganeida said...

Allison: Only extra lemony lemon here! ☺ We eat our lemons like oranges.

Jillian: Thank goodness I'm not the only one! I eat very little red meat but I can't stand the sight of even a hint of pink.

Moly: I am using at present a tube of material that seems to have some stretchy stuff in it & it works very well. If you can't get something similar try the long bobby~pins but in all seriousness I am considering looking into the muslim thingies because they appear to stay on very well but I do hear lonts of complaints about keeping head things actually on a head. Lots of people seem to have problems but even in a big wind mine stay on.

Diane:I wish someone besides me could take Ditz shoe shopping. I came home with a book!!!!!

Richele: I found this pic on photobucket of all places. Seeking has suggested it might be from a children's story: 12 dancing princessess. Now I want to find that story & read it!☺

MrsC: Me too. *sigh* & I am very bad at it. Send me out for shoes & I came home with a book!

Richele McFarlin said...

12 dancing princesses! That's wonderful. My 4 year old watched, of all things, a Barbie movie about the 12 dancing princesses. I will have to get the real book for her.

""Your comments haven't wanted my input recently. :("" You left that on my blog...so sorry I haven't been around lately. I keep falling behind trying to keep up with everyone. I am trying to write a children's book...and a Christmas book. Well..the children's Christmas book won't be done so by this Christmas anyway so I should continue with my other project. See how confusing this all is?! LOL. :)