GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Small things to amuse small minds.

There is nowhere you can go and only be with people who are like you. Give it up. Bernice Johnson Reagon

I've been playing, if you noticed. I got me one of those widget things with the cool map & the little red dots.

Ok, it's true. When I was younger I had visions of being the next Mata Hari or The Spy Who Came in From the Cold. Alternatively I would have been really happy being Peter Wimsey or Morse; Jonathon Creek was a little too much to hope for but unravelling mysteries has always appealed to me. I like puzzles & I'm a visual learner. I'm also a nong. I'm not telling how long it took me to figure out how to get me one of these cool widgets, let alone how to actually upload one!

It has been fascinating. I have watched with hypnotic mesmerization the little red dots appear on the west coast of America & gradually work their way eastward. I mean, serious wow! So I had a look on the nice big map that shows all the different states & have a much better idea now of where everyone is & how the pics up on your blogs fit into the map. lol

Now I could, of course, have gone & just looked it all up but it's not quite the same as staring at that little red dot & knowing somewhere on the end of it is Soupy or Sandra or Britwife. Not, after all, *imaginary friends* but really truely people.

Actually, even more amusing is the fact that I don't think it's all that accurate. My Mother, who definitely isn't at Morayfield, comes up as from there. The Duchess isn't even in the right state, let alone the right city.

Yeah, small things amuse small minds but it's Sunday & we're on holidays.

6 comments:

Molytail said...

Yeah they aren't always the best for accuracy ~ when we were still on the island, I'd often come up on my own sitemeter as being in Halifax - a city in an entirely different province LOL ..has something to do with where a person's ISP is, I think.

Ha, it's got me right though, your live traffic map, yay!

Heh, now you'll know how many times I come 'round here and don't get to do a comment cuz someone yelled "Mommmmmmm!" from the kitchen. X out, try again later LOL

Molytail said...

..and I don't have tomorrow yet, not for 2.5 hours. How's it look? :-P

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
I love seeing who is reading my blog, and wondering what they actually think.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

The HoJo's said...

I'm on the map :oD my Mum always used to object to showing up as London, definately not near London :o)

xc

Diane Shiffer said...

Bernice Johnson Reagon... Sweet Honey in the Rock? am I right? You do post the best quotes my dear☺


And as for accuracy, I see it shows me as from Medina, New York which isn't strictly accurate (as you know) but it's close enough. Certainly it shows you the right part of the country. I should get one of those map thingies for my blog too! Lots of fun...
Well, we are off to church now, and a bit early to boot. How on earth did that happen? (Well, I can tell you exactly how it happened... I told the kids that I'd treat them all to a drive-thru breakfast *if* we were out of the house by 9:15. It's not even 9:00 yet and everyone is completely ready. Except for Amelia, who will be doing her hair until the last possible second I am sure, lol Too bad I can't afford fast food every Sunday;))

seekingmyLord said...

I noticed that my dot points to Powder Springs but you have my real address.