GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 3 & going nowhere...

A good holiday is one spent among people whose notions of time are vaguer than yours. John B. Priestly

I think holidays are a thing of the past. We just seem to change occupations & so far as Ditz is concerned the music doesn't stop. Holidays are when her violin teacher gets everyone together & the most horrible noises emanate from her studio. There's one little girl who is never on pitch yet saws away as if her very life depended on it. Note to self: remember to give thanks that Ditz has an ear & is mostly on pitch!

We have woosed on a performance. I need to catch up with my mother again. Just the same Ditz is locked away in her room singing the same 3 songs over & over. Her exam date is set. At least it is at Cleveland & Alison will do the accompaniment so that should make Ditz just a tad more relaxed. She needs to work though as with Singapore looming I really can't afford too many lessons. Ouch.

Plus we are cat sitting. This is Ditz's holiday job ~ so why am I running the child round? Oh, right. Cute cats! Hopefully it will give her some spending money ~ either Singapore or clothes shopping prior. She is out of everything again! I do wish she'd stop growing! Liddy got her boardies last time she went to town & Ditz had a meltdown about the size. Trouble is they actually fit. She may manage svelte but she is never going to emulate Twiggy.

The weather, which promptly became wet & windy at the merest hint of holidays, has thrown all my plans into chaos. I had planned outdoor work, which never seems to get done, & I just haven't managed to get up the wherewithal to tackle the chores that need doing inside! Nope. They are all huge & I just don't want to do them. I am going to do what I have been threatening to do for ages & box up all the boys' stuff so I can actually use their room as Ditz's music room. Yes, we do need a whole room for her music stuff! O.K I'm off to at least look at what I'm going to do. Looking's a start, right?

11 comments:

Rose said...

Of course looking is a start. A very important start. So important that sometimes it has to be done 3, 4, or maybe even 5 times, just to make sure it's done right.

Molytail said...

ROFL @ Rose's comment above ~ and hi Rose! ~ because I tend to do a lot of looking as well.

Isn't clothes shopping for them fun??? Not. What happened to the cute little girls who were happy with the dresses that Mum picked out? Mine seems to have morphed into this fashion conscious - or "creative" - young lady who thinks I haven't got a clue. :-P

Molytail said...

Ha, your gadget on the left, dang thing shows ya just how much I land here LOL ~ I tend to come back and read the comments that others have left, look for replies/remarks IN the comments, and stare at spider pics. I AM A BLOG STALKER. wooooooooooo/scarynoise. :-P

Ganeida said...

lol Moly, I think we share a brain. I love reading the comments! It's almost like a conversation...almost.

Rose: I adore you! My thoughts EXACTLY! A job gets done all the better for LOTS of looking. lol I am tackling it ~ & then I come & read comments for strength! I do NOT enjoy organising my house. Personally I think I should just throw ALL the boys stuff in the bin ~ only there's fishing stuff & surfboards & it won't all fit!

Molytail said...

See now, here I am back again to check the comments on this post. It's 9:30pm here and my other half is snoring (ha, I typed snowing first - a sign of things to come LOL) on the couch beside me. I'm eating his chips (crisps) ~ and I should not be cuz while I may like them, THEY do not like me & my broken-for-many-years tummy. But they're YUMMY. :-P

Um, what was I talking about? Hey - I've always wanted to try a surfboard, but never had the chance. Just as well, I'd prolly hit myself in the nose with it anyway.

Hey we got the home ec set! Awesome, I think it's gonna work quite nicely. :-D

Ganeida said...

Oh, luverlee. I did a post on our first brush with it on knot school this morning. The home ec. Sorry. We are in the middle of a huge dust storm & I'm in the middle of the room I want & I am fed up & filthy & I sooo hate cleaning. I like clean; I just don't like getting it that way. The junk those boys accumulated in there & they don't even live here any more!!!!

Molytail said...

ooooo, must check Knot School when I get up tomorrow/today/ ~ ha, every time I start to think about the tomorrow/today/yesterday thing with your dates/days, I'm reminded - will be reminded - was reminded - of the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. (Have you read Douglas Adams?)

Meanwhile. I've never been keen on cleaning either ~ I like the results, I just don't enjoy getting things there. Except laundry. I actually LIKE laundry, especially if I get to hang it all on a clothesline.

Ganeida said...

I like laundry. I get to lug it outside in the fresh air. Adams I found hysterical the first time I read him but he doesn't re~read well. Shame that.

Diane Shiffer said...

Oh yes, looking is most definitely a start.. the best kind of start actually. You know I used to work in a day treatment program for developmentally disabled adults. We had a fellow there, Bruce MacPherson, whose job was to make adaptive equipment for some of the folk with severe physical issues. The first thing he would do is sit nearby the the person (either in his workshop or as they went about their day) and just watch them perform the task they needed help with. Sometimes he would watch them for hours or even days... eventually he would take out a spiral notebook and begin to take notes and draw sketches as he watched. At some point he would 'get it'... he'd fully understand what the person's difficulty was and be able to envision the perfect type of adaptive equipment they needed. He made all sorts of things; special dishes and cutlery, little work platforms and braces, odds and ends for wheelchairs.. and lots more stuff I could never remember. But it all began with the watching. Even now decades later, in our family we call that kind of careful attentive purposeful watching as Bruce-MacPherson-ing (as in I'm not sure how those things are gonna fit together. I'm going to have to Bruce-MacPherson it for a while.)
So girl, you go Bruce-MacPherson that room... I'm sure you'll figure something out;)

Britwife said...

I've got to ask the dumb question....what's a boardie?

Ganeida said...

Persuaded: I'm just lazy. I loathe this sort of work. I'd much rather exercise my brain.

Britwife: Boardshorts ~ the things surfies wear on their bottom half; long shorts. Oh, & it's always plural, boardies, even if you just buy one pair. Maybe it's a pair because their are 2 legs to a pair of shorts. How stupid is English?