GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A message from God...

But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians13:13.

I have a very dear, sweet friend whom I treasure above all others. She is getting on in earthly years now & anticipates her departure to be with our Lord coming closer every day & because she is old she sometimes feels that she is no use any more. I know the world often makes her feel that way. People are impatient of her walker & eyes that don't see too good any more & a body that is letting her down more & more but I always tell her God isn't done with her yet. Frankly I don't know what I should do without her. She is one of the most joyful & victorious Christians I have ever known & she gave me an immeasurable gift.

She is a tiny little lady & timid as a wren but before she even knew us she was praying for my Ditz. See I was what's known in the medical world as an *older primagravidia* ~ too old to still be having babies in the medical world's eyes. They had an even bigger hoo~ha about the advent of Ditz than they did about the advent of twins but my friend is a prayer warrior & intercessor of Goliathian proportions.

While I was doing what I do so well & digging my heels in about not, definitely not, having an amniocenteses done because what did they think I was going to do if something was wrong?! my friend was busily petitioning heaven on our behalf for my unborn child. We got Ditz, who has always, always been incredibly blessed.

My friend is an intercessor & prayer warrior extraordinaire. She is the first person I call if we need prayer coverage. Her age does not matter. Her infirmities do not matter. She is completely plugged into the Lord & powerful because of it.

She prays for each & every one of us every single day. I know that just as well as I know the Lord speaks to her. Well, she's got the time to listen... So when she said she had a word from the Lord for me I rather trembled in both anticipation & horror. What on Earth could the God of Heaven & Earth & all creation possibly have to say to me, least among His subjects?

My sweet friend took the time to dictate the message to me & I keep it tucked safely in the pages of my bible & sometimes, when the woes of this world threaten to overwhelm me & I want to flail on the floor like a 2 year old having a massive temper tantrum I drag it out & re~read it. It gives me such comfort; such peace.

Dear, precious child of mine,
I see your longings & yearnings. I know them & will answer them. Fear not for I am with you & will never leave you or forsake you.

Fear not...Indeed all your children shall be taught of the Lord & great will be the peace of thy children.

I have called you out of what has seemed like a waste/howling wilderness, rejected at times because of your love for me. I am well aware of your needs & desires. You are endeavouring to please me & I am pleased.

Darling child I want you to sit with me more so that I can renew your strength & invigorate you for what I have for you: spiritually, mentally, physically, emotionally.

I am the Lord. I change not & will do for you what I have promised. I always return by the way of my word. You are my precious child & I love you.

Shatters my heart, every single time. What a precious gift. I am so blessed my friend had the courage to share with me what the Lord gave to her.

7 comments:

Allison said...

How blessed you are to have such a dear friend! I am shivering as I read the message.

Sandra said...

I'm glad you have this, as well as the friend who gave it to you. It's a great gift to you. Your friend and the words.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Yes. She has the time to be still and really listen to God as well as talk. Too often we do our drive-through prayers and we need more people like your friend.

Diane Shiffer said...

What an incredible blessing... both the message and the friend. I hope someday to be like your friend: "completely plugged into the Lord & powerful because of it."

Blessings to you and yours today, my dear♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
What a blessing to have had the friendship of this woman - she would have truly left footprints on your ♥.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

seekingmyLord said...

I consider it a real blessing when the Lord gives me messages directly, but those that come through others are such sweet confirmations.

The HoJo's said...

too lovely for words, such reassurance :o)

xc