GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Friday, September 11, 2009

Random experiment.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams

Last term we did pirates ~ not like the gypsies we did this term. I thought the Dawn Treader looked more like a pirate ship than anything else. It must be the bandanas the sailors are wearing. I can't see Ditz up that rigging & that's a fact. We have issues with this term's production of A Midsummer Night's Dream as it is. The caste is light on males. Ditz got caste as Demetrius. I know!!! Poor kid. Between that chest & the voice she is less than convincing as a male.
Beaches are amazing. You might find anything. Ditz swears this is a squid egg, not, as I suppossed, a jellyfish. At least she didn't try telling me it was a waterhorse egg!

Miles .... & miles of beach & you know something. We didn't see a single solitary shell. How weird is that? As a long time beachcomber I was more than a little peeved but Ditz has rather gone of shell collecting ~ ever since she asked how they got made & we looked it up. Excreted calcium or some such thing. Ditz went Eeeew! & we don't talk about it anymore.

5 comments:

Britwife said...

Is that really an egg??!! Cool! I thought it looked like a rock - I have never seen anything like it!

Sandra said...

You do need to get a photo of Ditz in costume! I wonder why no shells?

Jan Lyn said...

So glad to see a photo of your beaches, Ganeida. Big difference--just beautiful!

Unknown said...

I always thought squid eggs were long and narrow, not a perfect round though the texture does seem like one. But it is not like I have lived on an island and near the ocean like Ditz and you do. So I would take Ditz's word that yes, it is a squid egg...

Sylvia

Ganeida said...

Sylvia & Britwife: I don't know what it is. I googled squid eggs & you are quite right; squid ones are elongated. Octopus ones are rounder. It may have broken off from a larger bunch. If you click on the image it does enlarge & you can have a closer look. lol Eeewy.

Jan Lyn: Yeah, very different to yours. Winter is good. No crowds & you can walk for absolute miles...& this is one of the *smaller* beaches.

Sandra: I have no idea. Mum's beaches are littered with shells ~ most of them broken but shells just the same. There is a really huge sand island to the east of the Gold Coast so maybe that has something to do with it?