GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ladies don't sweat, they glisten...anon

Today is a day of cloud & shadow.  It stormed last night & rained this morning.  Now the humidity is steadily climbing.

Liddy & Dino are down with a flu; the rest of us are treating them as the leperous unclean that they are!

Autumn, but not feeling much like it just yet except for first thing in the morning, before the sun bursts through the clouds, steaming us gently, like dumplings.  There we sit in our little island pot, glistening... Soon Star & I are going to go glisten elswhere.

Glisten, glisten little Star,
How I wonder what you are.
Up above us plebs so high,
Giddy, giddy, oh my, my!

That's it from us, folks! The heat's fried the old brain.

4 comments:

Joyfulmum said...

It's a lot cooler here today than the humidity of yesterday, so I am sending some cooler weather your way......:)
btw loved the last post too, very poetic, have you considered becoming a poet for a job after all your kids have flown the coop? :)

Turtleheart said...

Oh boy, I say that ALL THE TIME. The glistening thing. Because I am quite the lady in the summer! But, um, it's freezing here. We're still knee deep in the white stuff. You Australians and your wonky seasons.

Finding Joy said...

Feels just like autumn here, in fact last night when I went to bed I snuggled under the doona as it was quite cold.

I can remember getting the flu in the tropics and it is no fun at all, not the same as getting it in a cold climate. I pray that they get better soon.

seekingmyLord said...

I am in spring with its warmer days but cold nights and the pollen counts rising.

I hope everyone is well soon.