GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Friday, March 25, 2011

Totally random post.

The wheels in my head go round & round...

Did you know that reindeer antlers are soft.  They only harden just before the rut.  They are full of blood & if they get broken off before they harden the reindeer can bleed to death.  True.

There is a man out there who believes Mongolian shamanistic practices & horses cured his son of autism.  I don't know what to think about this one.

E~bay is insane. We were told it would be months before we sold anything.  It wasn't.  Dearest is pretty much computer illiterate.  Guess who is setting up E~bay?  It is doing my head in.  I don't have a business bone in my body.  I don't have an organised bone in my body.  I think stamps are really, really boring. Whose idea was this helpeet thing anyway?!  On the other hand I think Dearest is making money ~ well, it amounts to egg money at present but you know, there's Chile & someone we know is making noises about the National Eisteddfod to be held in Canberra.  Canberra!  I hope they're not thinking winter.  Canberra hosts that horrible white stuff.

Marlow lost whatever brain he had about 4am this morning & attacked Dearest's toes.  There was blood.  There was shouting.  Questions were asked & a certain someone was relegated to the floor.  Two someone's were very miffed.  I got up.  Dino had gone fishing at some point during the night.  I think he turned on every light in the house ~ which would not matter except he left them on so he could see to walk through the bush down our hill.  I walked round the house & turned them all off ~ at which point an insistent mewling began.  One crying cat was circling the house trying to attract someone's, anyone's, attention.  I assume he went outside with Dino but baulked when it came to the boat ride.

It seems to have been a very long day.  Is it over yet?

4 comments:

The HoJo's said...

So we need to think about carrying duct tape around in case we find a reindeer with a dodgy antler and need to stop it falling off.
And... someone removed all the artificial stimulii that drove his kids mind nuts and helped him concentrate, don't need to travel so far, just need to turn the tv off (over simplification but you know what I mean?)

Yay for selling stuff on ebay.. I haven't but had been known to buy in the dim distant past, not stamps though :o)

Eisteddfod, yummy !

Ouch and oh dear.

I think thats it ;o)

xc

Ganeida said...

No, no, not duct tape, reindeer sinew so you can tie of the artry! lol It's a jolly good thing I wasn't born into one of these down to earth societies. I figure I'd last till the first eyeball turned up in my soup! EEEWWWWW!!!!!

Finding Joy said...

Dear Ganeida - as a Canberra girl (well, for the last 12 years after moving from the tropical north), we don't often get that white stuff, unless you are referring to frost and yes, we get that all the time in winter. All that is needed in winter is a hat, gloves, scarf, thick jacket, thick underwear and warm socks (I wear tights). The days are crisp and clear!! It is a glorious place to live, we are just mis-understood. I think I might need to write a blog on the 10 reasons why Canberra is a great place to live!!!!! We almost have weather for those reindeer's you mentioned (hahaha)

I LOVE eBay and buy heaps of stuff (new and secondhand) and usually at bargain basement price.

PS we cleaned all the filters in our central heating as the nights are getting a bit too cold - almost time to heat the house!!!!!

Ganeida said...

Jo! Do write that post! I've only visited: you know, parliment house, the War museum, the memorial avenue, Lake Burley Griffin ~ & I was one very bored kid! Oh, & it was absolutely freezing. In fact it has been absolutely freezing every time I've been through Canberra & at least once was in Summer! ☺