We are guilty of many errors & many faults but our worst crime is abandoning the children...Gabriela Mistra.
Many of you know my daughter, Liddy. You know she has a heart for children & a heart for missions & the calling on her life is to minister to the street children of South America.
She applied to the mission field last year & was accepted ~ with some reservations. Her age was against her ~ & the fact she looks about 12 instead of 21. The fact she had never lived away from home counted against her & the fact that for most of her life her church home had been a little island church of barely 20 people. She was asked to wait ~ & I can assure you that stung because not only was Liddy really sure of the call on her life many of the mature Christians in her life were also very sure of that call ~ & told her so. Still, wait she was asked to do & wait she did.
This week OM sent through confirmation of her acceptance. This is a double whammy for me. On one hand I am pleased & relieved because I am absolutely sure of the calling on Liddy's life. I know without a doubt this is God's will for her life. On the other hand I know that our time together grows short & that what is left will be filled to the brim with necessary things & little room to devote to her mother & family. After all, she knows she can count absolutely on our love & support.
So there are some things I would ask the prayer sort amongst you to pray for:
1. That her church missions would come on board with their support.
2. That all her financial support arrives smoothly.
3. That anything she needs to sort out with her church is sorted quickly & easily
4. That her path will be made straight
5. That all the doors that need to open will open.
6. That despite the busyness her walk with God continues to grow deeper & stronger day by day.
7. The last one is an odd one, but we wish to contribute to Liddy's cause as well [& also for Star's music career lol] despite my husband's disability & our financial situation so to this end Dearest has been busily putting together a home business out of his life~long hobby & could you pray for it's success so that we can meet the needs of both our girls.
Whew! Exciting times. Sad times. Happy times. I am planning international holidays. Waddya think, girls? Shall I buy a sombrero in preparation?