GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"I am immortal till my work is accomplished,"  ~ David Livingstone.
I have a new appreciation for Gladys Alyward.  Who knew going to be a missionary was so fraught making?

See the girl is doing up brochures, nearly finished oh wonderful person who has requested one, & asked, ever so nicely seeing I was on the mainland anyway, if I would print everything off & in my delusional state, because I do actually know how to do this, I agreed.  I keep forgetting what a war zone we're in just now.  If you don't believe me I will just point out I have never ever had any of the following happen to me in a public library before.  Never.

Firstly I had to wait for a computer.  I know this is probably usual but see the above paragraph.  Then I got the computer next to the guy who was trolling a date site.  I kept seeing things I'd rather not out of the corner of my eye & he was creeping me out.  Who wants to download a missionary tract next to the guy ogling scantily clad maidens?

Then I think I got the slowest computer in the entire world but I am a patient woman so I just twiddled my thumbs & tried to ignore my neighbour.  The computer decided the first lot of documents were a hazard to its health & refused to process them but the 2nd lot were fine & I busily downloaded them.  Just as I was about to hit print the computer packed up shop & everything disappeared in a blank black screen &  the computer began rebooting.  What's with that?  Then, then the screen told me I was connected to the net but wouldn't let me access anything! So I toddled over to the librarian, male & superior because library computers don't randomly reboot.  After twiddling for a bit he informed me he'd never seen anything like it in his life & set me up with another computer.  I began again.  Just as I got everything up on my screen the loudspeaker announced the library was about to close & I needed to get out of whatever I was doing.

An hour to achieve absolutely zilch! The music lot mightn't exactly be heathens & infidels but they achieved a good bit more than I did last night ~ even with new music.   Liddy will have to try herself tonight.

5 comments:

seekingmyLord said...

What an amazing opportunity! There she was sitting right beside a real sinner and then....

Perhaps, if I was a bit older with the excuse of my age, I would lean over and ask the young man if he needed help finding a good Christian wife.

Ganeida said...

Seeking! You forget what I woos I am. The man exuded aggro: Shaved head, 6'2" [at least], obviously a gym afficiando, tatts ~ what if he thought I was trying to hit on him?! Besides, I was trying to make sure Star couldn't see what I could see ~ though being Star she'd've just gone, " Eeeew!." & totally ignored the whole situation ~ or run from the building! lol Next time I'll send him your way. "I have a friend who knows how you can find a great Christian wife!" ...

Ruby said...

hahahaha.....Ganeida, as Match maker! She has her own brood to marry off yet!
Strange how the events of your day do not seem so strange to me, especially when there are computers involved :-)

Ruby said...

I have Murphy ancestory I am sure.

Sandra said...

I hate expended energy that results in nothing! One persons sinner is another persons date. : )