“Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” Jim Davies
Not sure what happened to the coriander. Maybe I imagined it...
Sweet Braised Pumpkin
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
1 ½ tablespoons oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
6 red asian shallots, chopped
1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
½ cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
1) Peel the pumpkin and cut into large chunks
2) Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan; add the garlic, ginger and shallots and cook over medium heat for three mins
3) Add the pumpkin and sprinkle with sugar. Cook for 7-8 mins, turning the pieces regularly, until the pumpkin is golden and just tender.
4) Add the chicken stock and fish sauce, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and bring to a simmer until all the liquid has evaporated, turning the pumpkin over regularly.
5) Sprinkle with lime juice, season to taste with salt and pepper.