GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Friday, May 15, 2009

Mrs Darling! Liddy's pumpkin recipe.



“Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” Jim Davies

Not sure what happened to the coriander. Maybe I imagined it...






Sweet Braised Pumpkin

Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins

750g Pumpkin
1 ½ tablespoons oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
6 red asian shallots, chopped
1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
½ cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice

1) Peel the pumpkin and cut into large chunks
2) Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan; add the garlic, ginger and shallots and cook over medium heat for three mins
3) Add the pumpkin and sprinkle with sugar. Cook for 7-8 mins, turning the pieces regularly, until the pumpkin is golden and just tender.
4) Add the chicken stock and fish sauce, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and bring to a simmer until all the liquid has evaporated, turning the pumpkin over regularly.
5) Sprinkle with lime juice, season to taste with salt and pepper.

13 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

ok i see this is for mrs darling... can i try it too?;)

Ganeida said...

Of course! Oh & we omitted the fishie stuff. ew!

Molytail said...

ack! chicken stock and fishy sauce!

*vegetarian runs away*


Though it's just a wee bit and I bet I could swap out the chicken stock for vegetable, and drop the fish completely. Yay!

Anonymous said...

The best that I can manage for vegetarian is Vegetable Soup, but my son likes it.

Libby said...

I'm pretty sure the stock more than anything is there to soften the pumpkin, ie I didn't even taste it in the end result...

Libby said...

Oooo n Don't even bother about the fish sauce... EEeeeewwwwwhhhh

Ganeida said...

Help yourself to my blog, Lid.

Libby said...

lol I did consider posting under your name before as me but I decided agianst it :-D see I am a good girl sometimes

Ganeida said...

Oh well I was posting somewhere as you the other day but that was a case of mistaken identity.

Libby said...

lol I'm totally raiding this topic :-S he he he, sorry everyone, I'll walk back over to my little corner, but umm mum how'd you post as me, and how can it be mistaken identity, It asks you if this is who you want to post as? :p

Ganeida said...

You think I read when the computer talks to me?! You poor deluded child... I was using your computer. It thought I was you. I happily posted away until I realised I wasn't me...

seekingmyLord said...

If I may interrupt this "delicious" mother and daughter discussion, this recipe sounds quite interesting, with a few personal tweaks I think I might try it.

Ganeida said...

lol seeking. We were just playing,same room, different computers. What passes for *real* conversation around here ~ not.