GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Fishy Tale of sorts.

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish BlessingIn all the wet & cold of the past few days we had a visitor land on our verandah rail.  Before I could intervene [because what is usually fed to our native birds is actually bad for them] my Star was out there with some sausage being thrilled to bits that Mr Kookaburra stayed for lunch rather than taking one look & abandoning her for somewhere safer.




Yesterday Star & I were at the dance school so Star could sing.  She is thrilled because she gets to be on stage rather than in the pit & gets to wear a monk's robe & all the rest.  Meanwhile [back at the ranch] Kirby was lost somewhere in the house because he hates loud thunder like poison & there was lots of it], & Marlow went into meltdown because he was home alone.  The men in my life had gone over to one of the other islands to meet up with members of a church Dino is interested in.

I am a little vague as to some of the pertinent details.  I think church planting is the general idea.  What there is is a motley collection of hurt & hurtful people who may or may not know Christ.  This is not for me.  I have neither the time nor the energy to plant a church anywhere but that does not mean there may not be a job for us or fellowship we can partake in.

Sooo, apparently a single dad shared how his wife had left him & he was trying to raise 4 kids when there was no food in the cupboards & my Dino, who is drawn to youth & who has been having a *Liddy Conversation* with the Lord about certain *idols* in his life [I call them Liddy conversations because they are not bad things in themselves but when the Lord goes, "Well, do you love that more than me?" they go, "No, Lord, but..." lol] & the Lord had a point to make. 

Dino is my fisherman.  What he doesn't know about fishing is probably not worth knowing & so on hearing of this man's predicament he thought, naturally, I can do something about thisOh~ho, went the Lord.  Really?

So Dino took the man's details & came home for his tinnie & his bait & his crab pots & his rods figuring half an hour on the water would get him a feed for this man & his family. He caught absolutely nothing! Zero. Zip. Zilch.

Desperate, & on the point of giving up, Dino had a word with the Lord.  The fish he caught were undersized.  He dithered [it was, after all, for a good cause] but threw them back. He decided he would drift as far as the sandbank then call it quits.  On the point of reeling everything in he caught legal sized fish ~ 4 in half an hour.  I immediately thought of Peter, that pro fisherman, being told to throw his nets out after not having caught anything all night!

To the fishy bounty we were able to add both lettuce & silverbeet from the garden.  The Lord has really blessed our little garden this year & it is doing amazingly well.  I added some noodles & baked beans from the pantry.  They are cheap & easily replaced.  Also apples, which I having been able to buy small & in bulk recently.

Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Point made, I think.

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Test comment - sorry Ganeida

Ganeida said...

All good. ☺

Ruby said...

Love those stories of God's provision!

Julie said...

I loved seeing the Kookaburra, and reading of how the Lord is working in the heart of someone you love. :)

Joyfulmum said...

God bless Dino! what a heart to serve God! you have amazing kids:)

Finding Joy said...

I love kookaburras they have such personalities.

Thinking of you with all your busy activities this week.

seekingmyLord said...

You have a sweet family!