While I was off~line alecat @ Serenades & Solace gave me an award. Being the egocentric person I am I get a kick out of getting awards. Needy, that's what I am. Stroke me the right way & I'll purr all day for you! If you haven't yet met alecat do pop over & have a read. Not only is there always something fascinating & unusual to read at alecat's but she is one of the more creative & artistic homeschoolers I've been fortunate enough to meet! And she's musical. When Ditz is driving me nuts I go over there & read & console myself that one day Ditz too may be serene & mature so that her music blesses all who know her. A girl can dream, can't she?
I've done a few of these now so it is challenging to come up with 7 less obvious things people don't know about me. So here goes!
1. I've abseiled over a waterfall. My mother always taught me to be polite & thoughtful so I politely & thoughtfully waited while all these big lumps of boys shot over the waterfall & plummeted the last few feet into the pool at the bottom of the rock face. This might have been polite & thoughtful but it wasn't smart. Wet rope swells. By the time my 7 stone nothing began the descent the rope was waterlogged & clogged the crabs [what the rope goes through when you abseil.] When I hit the overhang & no longer had anything to bounce off I stuck ~ 80 feet in the air jiggling about like a spider on the end of its silken thread. Obviously, since I am writing this, I didn't stay stuck, but it was a hairy 20 minutes.
2. I have only ever once been a bridesmaid. The cousin who shares my birthday & I were bridesmaids together at our favourite cousin's wedding ~ as she had always promised. I lived in N.S.W at the time & had to fly up to QLD alone because my dad couldn't get holidays. It always reminds me how important it is adults keep promises to children. For reasons I have forgotten I desperately wanted to be bridesmaid for this particular cousin. I cherished my *bridesmaid gift* for years, until it literally fell apart.
3. I talk odd. As a child I was always being asked what part of England I came from & I got tired of explaining I really truly was a born & bred Aussie. Now my girls get asked where their accent is from. Liddy finds it funny; Ditz less so.
4. I can't do accents. Or rather I do them rather too well. I automatically mimic any accent I hear. Can't help it. Hysterical when I was doing drama at college, not so good day to day. People think I am taking the micky when actually I'm not.
5. I grew up in a house named Bungawitta ~ Aboriginal for home of the possum ~ & yes, we had plenty of possums. They would race along the rooftop at night & every so often there would be the most unearthly screech when one overshot the mark & hurtled into the dark! Mum used to feed them & tells the most charming story about mama possum. One evening mum opened the back door to a soft knock, most irate to find no~one there. The knock came again. Thinking it was one of my brothers playing tricks she wrenched the door open prepared to give them a blast to find mama possum proudly sitting in the light to show of her brand new baby! Even wild animals know who their friends are.
6. I was never going to have children. No need to count. I have 5.
7. I was an athletic child ~ but why run when you can read? Now if you could run & read at the same time I might be more interested in exercise!
And for the beautiful bloggers...:
A Peaceful Day. Interesting lady & she writes wonderfully!
Keep Calm & Carry on. A variety of interesting & witty posts ~ & she does some glorious photographs too!
Jo @ Stop..have a chat; Art posts Wednesdays, introducing lovely & little known artists. Cat fancier; there's no higher praise! ☺
Amanda @My Secret Garden:some treasures buried in here.
& last but not least, Blessed to be my kids mum. yankee~doodle dandy in New Zealand. Have to feel for her. For all the similarities *Down Under* is a whole different world!