GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Database: the information you lose when your memory crashes. ~ Dave Barry.

Four hours locked in a car with Ditz & this is what you get....

...with the camera.

For posterity. I'm sure her kids will be proud.
Liddy is the reason we were locked in the car ~ with the Irish lads. It's been a while since I've had to travel so far while so much chaos reigns in the backseat! Liddy bused out to finalise her car & since we were driving her back we took the opportunity to show the boys the alpaca farm. Trouble is, as I did warn them, it is 4 hours travelling for barely an hour wandering around ~ & that is a long time to be without much to do except look out the windows. Not even too many places to pull over.
Liddy did try to ensure we had our directions clear ~ but it is not her end that is the problem. I actually like driving on the highway. You can go fast. The roads are pretty decent. And you just go straight ahead. It's the turning off that presents all the problems! Well, we made the right turn off ~ & then couldn't find the next one we needed, *sigh* Ended up heading for the Gold Coast in the dark. NOT what we wanted to do. Took the first available overpass & headed back the other way, which both Ditz & I knew. I'm going to owe a small fortune in tolls!

Besides alpacas there was one caged possum due for rehousing.
So that is one of the things we did while the computer was down. Ditz has also completed one set of PJ bottoms. I will post some pics tomorrow. We are reading How Green was my Valley. Ditz hates it, but that's ok. I'm enjoying it again. She has a concert coming up in a fortnight & the seconds suck. Ditz is a second. Some serious rehearsal time now needed. We are starting a serious music theory study. Ditz has chosen to do this. I just have to buy the books. I thought she was never going to ask but every so often Ditz shows signs of maturity. The oven blew up. That was exciting. Marlow caught his first mouse & promptly took it into Liddy's room. When he took it upstairs into my room I got Dearest to bribe him with a chicken neck & remove the body.
Yep, life went on as usual but nowhere near as much fun when you can't share.



8 comments:

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

It's lovely having you back again. :)
Ouch on the tolls! I know what those nice straight roads are like though. I missed a turn off yesterday on the way to an excursion at the port. The next exit available took me on a 1/2 hour diversion ... argh!! But, we did get there in the end (on time) and I've learnt my lesson. Yes, the turnoff we needed was the very first one.

seekingmyLord said...

Love the Ditz photos! You absolutely must put them in a special photo album to show your grandchildren. (Am I enabling you?)

I am just amazed how often and how thoroughly you get lost driving between places. Australia must be a mystical place! I feel for you, but at the same time, I must apologize because it gives me such wicked enjoyment to read.

I will be praying for Ditz and her music ventures...and for your sanity, of course.

So what was the solution with your computer? Did you have to get another one, or was the one you had fixed in some way? I guess what I really want to know is if Skype is in the near future.

seekingmyLord said...

Oh, and I am sooooooooo happy you are back online, just in case you may have missed that! ;)

Ganeida said...

alecat: Thank you, thank you, thank you! lol It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Seeking: Oz is not mystical. I merely have trouble following directions & no sense of direction.I am, however, aware these diversions often make a good story so I am happy to share ~ even at my own expense.☺

I have my old computer but Lid is home this weekend with hers so consider a time.

Ditz certainly needs prayer but the seconds have no really confident singer to anchor them either & that is part of the problem.

It is nice I make you so happy! ☺

Libby said...

Just think of a time + I think I might take mummy shopping or browsing at products that will allow her to use skype on her computer.

Mum I can not believe that you got lost once more, hahaha. I did enjoy the pics of sis. We need to arrange a time for you to pick me up again, sorry but I do know that you love me !!!

Ganeida said...

My dear child, you don't honestly think I can find my way back to you do you? You are suffering delusions. ;P

Jan Lyn said...

Very cute story. Especially loved the facial expressions on Ditz. They are priceless! Could be used for bribery in the future as well, but um.....I guess that's not good of me to mention as a Friend. Ha!

Ganeida said...

lol: Mention what you like. Ditz feels free to. She's a great kid & lots of fun.