GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Yesterday,  this.
Today, this.

It poured  as if all heaven's dams had burst at once.  Star & I rushed round frantically looking for the crying cat.  Kirby; naturally, who had got himself stuck outside & was drenched through.  Marlow, equally naturally, was snugly ensconsed on a pile of boxes & purring fit to wake the dead.  The washing has reached desperate levels.  The lad is watching the weather like a hawk because he is due to head south for the wheat crop in just a few weeks ~ assuming a deluge  doesn't make the whole exercise moot.  All in all I was rather pleased Star's rehearsal got cancelled.  Not the weather to be paddling round on the mainland ~ oh, & I sent a quick thank you prayer heavenward because we hadn't snagged a 3 day park last time we were over ~ which would have necessiated a trip over just to move the car!  It is worth the walk to not be fined & not have to travel just to move the car. 

So we are being dull & eating too much chocolate & teasing the cats, who have cabin fever.  I don't have a coherent thought in my head.  My, my, completely waterlogged all round.

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Chocolate sounds the perfect antidote. Hope tomorrow is better...

seekingmyLord said...

We are having beautiful, just really beautiful, weather, but I would trade locations with you an a heartbeat! Look for an email soon.

Gerry Snape said...

You are having a bit of a watery time of it Ganeida.We are just entering the beginnings of winter in as much as the nasturtiums wilted completely last night.I'm not so great at winter nowadays, so am praying for grace each day!! thinking of you in the rain.
Aunt Helen's saying...keep your pecker up my dear!!

Unknown said...

Seems we are sharing weather today, as our skies are dark and gray and I expect the rain anytime now. Which means we are staying in for the day and I must find indoor activities to entertain my active little boys. Keep enjoying that chocolate! I think today would be a good day for some tea!

Pen Wilcock said...

Waving from England - where it's bright but colder now and the days shortening as we get further into the autumn x

Joyfulmum said...

It's been like that around here too, beautiful one day rainy the next!
Enjoy some hot chocolate for me as it's sunny and warm here today:)

Sandra said...

I know well the vagaries of weather. I think chocolate is a good thing, no matter the reason.

I am better, but not well. But well enough to try my hand at the computer a little. Other than the rain, I hope all is well on your island.

Finding Joy said...

Do you need to build an Ark yet. I suppose you cam have too much rain, we haven't reached that point yet. Stay safe.

Amanda said...

Jo, I was going to say on FB that it is nearly time to build and Ark! lol! It is raining very heavily at the moment...

Do you own gumboots Ganeida? :P