GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Monday for wealth, Tuesday for health, Wednesday the best day of all: Thursday for crosses, Friday for losses, Saturday no luck at all. ~ Old English Rhyme.


Wednesdays can get a little complicated. The cats don't like Wednesdays. They know Star & I abandon them for hours at a time. Just the same, as I was working down my *to do* list, I hardly expected Star to wrench open the front door & scream, "Mum?! Where are you? You've got to stop going out the door!"


Huh???


Apparently every time I went out the door Marlow began crying piteously. That cat has a serious problem. Kirby just went out the other door & came looking for me but Marlow cries. Dearest had his hands full when we finally departed, which was early because Star has been cat~sitting for friends [which is profitable] & wanted to clothes shop. This was not a successful venture. The one top that looked absolutely stunning on Star she didn't like. I even offered to pay for it & she still didn't like it. Sad. Sad. Sad. No wonder the child has no clothes.


Besides the Gothic AVAE are the guinea pigs for a music workshop & get to be conducted by a lot of wanna be conductors. Next term is going to be difficult.


Oh & I have the Ewww~y factor going on here at the moment too because spring is rodent time. Some springs we get an absolute plague of the things ~ like this year. You'd think with 2 cats about the place & at least one rather large carpet snake living in the roof they'd find somewhere safer to live, but, no. The cats are useless but the snake is usually pretty efficient so if he's not cleaning up we have more than usual. I won't poison. I have cats & wildlife I am rather fond of ~ like the owls~ so it's traps for us. UGH!!!!! I don't do bodies. I am not happy. No. No. No. The size of these things. Either we've been feeding them waaay too well or they're mutant!


What else? We're about 1/2 done with putting together Star's school work for this term. She's cleaned up the math. Her history is nearly done [one massive research paper on the Resistance, which is bigger than I thought it would be & grew rather unwieldy.] One book review on Tomorrow When the War Began which has been made into a film we will see over the holidays despite the fact I don't like John Marsden's work. He's good, I just don't like his style. Home Ec's all good. We had a really successful Home Ec term. Actually we've had a really successful Home Ec year. Gotta be good at something. Science ~ least said, soonest mended. *sigh* And yet, you know, I'm really happy with Star's overall development. There's more to being a success in life than academic achievement & I think Star's going to be hugely successful ~ & no, I don't mean in the worldly sense, though she may nail that too.


Friday I take Dearest back to the Dentist & we go buy a new oven, having blown the old one up. Again. I am prepared to live without an oven if it means I don't have to go to the mainland but for some peculiar reason neither Star nor Dearest thinks much of that idea. Star is agitating for cake & the shop bought stuff is just not the same. Dearest thinks Star should be indulged. Hm. Methinks he likes Star Cake too.

6 comments:

Gerry Snape said...

Love the rhyme! I never heard it before. Thankyou!

Ruby said...

So glad you girls have nailed the school work!
We have mice problems too at times. No carpet snake here and I praise God for that. Snakes are my phobia!

Ganeida said...

Gerry: an oldie but a goodie.

Ruby: I donn't mind the snakes but rats & mice give me the heebie~jeebies! And I don't know about nailing the school work ~ but we have something to send in. ☺

seekingmyLord said...

Wednesdays are the best day of all?

Amanda said...

Does that mean you have been having a break from cooking dinner lately? lol.

Ganeida said...

Seeking: Weeellll, you know...

Amanda: Star was doing a lot of it & is still doing the odd meal, so yes, pretty much. Gotta love that home ec! ☺