GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My mummy loves me.

Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all. Proverbs 31:29


Isn't that a great picture?! Now we know where Ditz gets some of her quirkier attributes! My mother is a quiet woman who loves order & routine so goodness knows how she's managed with Ditz for a week!


It has been really hard to get away this year with all the other stuff going on round here but all things remaining equal & God willing Liddy will drive me north this afternoon so I can spend some time with my mother.


Our family rapidly diminished in the course of a few short years & what was left scattered to far corners yet the only birthday Ma has ever forgotten has been mine! Well, perhaps forget isn't quite the right word. Failure to post is more like it. My entire household was laying bets on what had happened & how long it would be before their ma realised her blunder. It was cause for great merriment because Ma is as reliable as a plumb bolt with the memory of a elephant. It was inconceivable that she forget a birthday, let alone the birthday of her only daughter!


Ma's been a great grandmother! It's a testimony to her devotion that all her grandchildren, most of whom are grown big enough to make their own decisions in these things, choose to visit her pretty regularly. Now Liddy is driving she goes up several times a month, often taking Ditz or Dino with her. If it's not her siblings it's friends from church & ma just sets up another bed & lays another place at the table. Given how much teenagers eat that is phenomenal love on her part. I should know. I feed them often enough myself.


Chatting with Ditz last night I was informed they were having vegetarian stir~fry for tea ~ & she was ravenous! That's the thing about my mother. She remembers everyone's favourite foods, favourite colours, their funny little quirks & ways so when I visit there is dark bitter chocolate in the fridge, marinated asparagus & brie cheese on the table at lunch, and anything ma has read & thinks I might enjoy set aside for me. She keeps ginger snaps on hand for Liddy & noodles for Ditz. She takes us to the beach so we can walk for miles & miles beachcombing for shells & out to restaurants.


Yes, she spoils us terribly...& you can bet Issi knows it. He sniffs suspiciously at the merest hint of a bag. His eyes get that *if looks could kill* glare. Dearest is girding his loins for the fray. He swears black & blue that cat sits in the driveway for 3 days every time I go away waiting for me to come home. Every time anyone goes out in the car he expects them to return with me ~ & is mighty miffed when they don't. Sad to say, I miss Iss too. He's got such a big personality he leaves quite a hole when he's not around.

5 comments:

Siano said...

Great pic! Ditz looks a lot like Liddy in it as well.

Jeanne said...

Dark chocolate, asparagus and brie. Got it. Now, when are you coming?!!

Diane Shiffer said...

I think you, your mum, and the girls all look sooo much alike! What a bunch of lovelies you are☺

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
Your mum looks like she is loads of fun - have a great time with her. :D

Have a great week,
Blessings,
Jillian

Britwife said...

I love that photo. Your kids are lucky to have a grandmother that adores them! :)