GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Friday, January 15, 2010

Judge others by their questions rather than by their answers ~ Voltaire.

So what have I been doing? [Does this question make me self~obsessed? So Woody Allen!]

Playing. Apparently I am the blogging tech whizz. I am still howling with laughter. The thought of me being a whizz at anything technological is just too funny for words. That being as it may I have been helping Lid set up a new blog & showing her how to use the stuff I use. There is plenty I don't know & therefore don't use & I have the crashed blogs to prove it. Even so it appears I have learnt something ~ enough at any rate to give my daughter pointers.



I have been giving pointers long distance to my friend Siano. For a visual learner this is something of an exercise in complete psychotic meltdown because I can't actually *see* the problem & have to *imagine* it, then transfer what I *see* to type ~ which may or may not make sense to the receiver! Good thing Siano loves me & can read between the lines a bit.

Plus I have set up Dearest's which created a serious meltdown because I don't do HTML & had to go in & fiddle. I had visions of undoing months & months of work & crashing the whole thing but we have survived thus far without mishap & I have finally found my delete button which will make life so much easier. Don't ask. I at least know I'm no techno whizz.



Then I have been making ~ & discarding ~ masthead banners. I feel the need for a change & have not been real happy with anything I've put up so far. Yes, I love the LOTR one but I've used it before & it's sorta old. Expect a continued series until I decide on something ~ which is unlikely to be any time soon.



The computer is so time consuming. Who would have thought designing mastheads would be so all consuming ~ & so interesting! And I have to fend Ditz of. Good thing I've got nice pointy elbows & can type with them jabbing out at the necessary angle for fending off computer boarders.



It is summer but I stuck my nose outside briefly & was nearly carried away by mosquitoes, which are in plague proportions this year. Iss is disgusted with us all. Ah, summer daze...

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, I'm exhausted and I just read this instead of living it! As you know I did a little revamp of the blog. Fiddling seems to be in the air. Pointy elbows, sounds like that can be an asset. : )

seekingmyLord said...

Good for you! I am following the blog, but I am behind on all my reading.

I need a week to do nothing but work on my church website and that is not happening, so it is going very slowly...probably I am letting myself be too distracted by blogs and I blame you for getting me stared on this addiction! I have decided mostly how I what it to look and work, now it is getting everything in place so it does what I want and that is the part I am trying to learn.

MamaOlive said...

LOL