GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Saturday, August 18, 2012

  Just so you know, I cannot abide wanton cruelty & I think people who acquire an animal then abandon it when it has no means of adequately fending for itself are the scum of the earth.  And those who see an animal in distress & walk on by are not much better. Grrrrr......

A neighbour found this beautiful tortie in her yard but thinking it a mangy old thing left it there, untended, seriously dehydrated, starved, desperate for a little affection, to die.  To Dearest's fury I brought it home, eye~dropped water into it throughout the day, sat it on a hot water bottle well wrapped in blankets & gave it a little loving attention as I passed, & looked for a no kill shelter that might be able to help out.  

Sadly she didn't make it but every time I came by she lifted her head a little, looking for the tickle between the ears, rolling her head so I could chuck her under the chin, trying desperately to meow & purr from sheer gratitude.  She was obviously a beautiful natured cat with a very loving generous nature & such a sad waste.

I know we have too many feral cats ~ but not the cats' fault.  It is human's thinking only of their windy self~importance, taking no heed for the world they live in that are at fault.  I am so angry that any animal should have ended up in such a state, so desperate for just a little love.  Thank you, my beautiful Star, for your loving & generous help.  May your Star always shine bright!




6 comments:

Julie B. said...

Oh how sad Ganeida! Animals give so much in return to their people for just a little bit of care. You gave this beautiful cat a loved passing. Thinking of you and Star.... xxoo

Anonymous said...

You know mum I wish that we'd all have the same attitude about the children who are suffering in the world. If only I could ignite a flame that would cause a catastrophic event...

Joyfulmum said...

That is terrible Ganeida! Good on Star!
On the other hand, a friend of dh's spent $900 the other day on his budgie (I could not believe my ears) I told dh that could feed a poor nation! (Just adding to your dd's comment above) :)

Ganeida said...

Rosemary:yes, people first, but this was so in my face it could not, in good conscience, be ignored.
There are many worthwhile organisations these days seeking to alleviate human suffering ~ & it needs the big organisations just to negotiate the red tape. Lid knows perfectly well we've worked with Australia's homeless youth. We are no longer called to this particular ministry ~ nor to major cat rescues lol. Individual cases though...

Unknown said...

That's awful, simply awful! I can't watch an animal suffer, just can't and I'd have done as you trying to nurse it back to health! You are right it's not the cats fault, it's the humans who for some reason think a cat is not meant to be a house pet, but rather a "pet" they feed on the porch and let it fend for itself the rest of the time. We have many a stray out here too, and sadly I can't save them all...but I did recently rescue a beautiful blue kitten (he adopted me really) who would have otherwise become feral or worse. He's not living comfortably on my furniture :)

Mom said...

Oh that's so sad. You are a beautiful heart for taking her in and loving her, even if only for a short time. We all need to have more time for those who are suffering.