GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Jesus is not an idea...

I imagine you are all tired of me rabbiting on about school but then I'm not doing much else just now ~ not even singing ~ & trust me, my housework woes are dull beyond belief.  Eight loads of washing today because the lad's been fishing as well as needing his school stuff done.  Still that is better than waiting while the auto~electrician pronounced judgement on the car, which is what Dino did for me this morning.

Meanwhile both Dearest & Star, who is almost never sick, are both down with a most virulent lurgy. Ick!  I am fighting it off tooth & nail.  I cannot afford to be sick.  Not at any price.

Star has her piece of paper stating she has been trained to teach reading to the struggling readers & is just waiting on her Blue Card arriving so she can get going.  She's pretty peeved though as the powers that be managed to misspell her name & if there's one thing Star cannot abide it is seeing her name spelt wrong!  Meanwhile our church bulletin managed to get both my first & last names wrong! Um, yeah...

And Star, who really does go off the air rather blatantly, arrived home just a little shell shocked having thought she was sitting at the back of the classroom to find that, no indeed! She was in the very front row & having mistaken the teacher for some stray mother!  What can I say?  Star is always immense fun.  Meanwhile she has found herself sharing classroom space with people she's known all her life, which I guess is a good thing, but they are just that bit older enough to take a proprietary & motherly outlook for Star!  Even without her mother in tow she gets mothered! lol

I have finished my assignment on hermeneutics; just have O.T people of faith to go.  I am surprising myself by how much I have actually retained over the years ~ retained & actually practised without ever having stopped to analyze it.  It gives me a head start, which I am appreciating enormously.  Most of the history I have ~ which can be frustrating if I catch errors & though I understand not getting the whole class bogged down in unimportant details I can be pernicky. *sigh*

Now the cats have stuffed their faces they are both looking for cuddles so I guess I am occupied for the rest of the evening.  Blessings on all my bloggity friends.

8 comments:

Pen Wilcock said...

:0) And blessings on you.
May you keep well.
x

Pen Wilcock said...

That is to say, may you stay well - I didn't mean for you to be kinda preserved . . .

Julie B. said...

Whatever you write about, I like to read it. School, cuddling the cats, mountains of laundry - it's all good.

And I will add to Ember's comments that I hope you stay well AND keep well. Being healthy and well-preserved as we age wouldn't be a bad thing.

Blessings on you and yours, dear Ganeida....xo

seekingmyLord said...

You are still my muse! ;) Give the cats an extra snuggle for me.

Ganeida said...

Lol Ember

Thanks, Julie. I have 2 really sick now. *sigh*

Seeking I never have figured out how I got to be your muse! ;P♥♥

Joyfulmum said...

Lol at Star being "mothered" :) so is she doing school now and not being homeschooled anymore? Sorry I must have missed some of your posts lol!

Ganeida said...

Rosemary Star trained for the Literacy program run up at the primary school. She will be working with the struggling readers in the lower grades. We are still homschooling.

Joyfulmum said...

oh ok! good on her!