GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Monday, November 12, 2012

Whew!  Everything is whirling into end of year madness ~ but at least certain things will then stop.  

This week I had the school's homiletics class ~ which means I had to present something because Rhema is all about being a doer of the word, not a hearer only.  This would have been less of a problem if I were not also  preaching on Sunday ~ which would be less stressful if Dino was not graduating on Saturday....& we also have a seminar on the Thursday & break up on Wednesday.  Meanwhile I have been sitting up till midnight to co~ordinate the last of Star's work ~ the last time ever I will have to do this so a bitter sweet moment.

Always prone to panic attacks where no panic is necessary I was just a tad upset as the homeletics class was the only class I had approached with any semblance of confidence, boosted by the fact most of the class had hit a bigger panic button than mine over *public speaking*!  Not me.  I minored in drama at Uni.  If nothing else I was confident in presentation, though after a week of the Dean's bracing comments on what to do/not do I decided ignorance was definitely bliss!  Anyway, having gone to the Lord in a panic He reminded me I had been rehearsing this testimony for weeks in my head & it was just a simple matter of putting some scripture to it.  I was pleased with how it went.  It is far more nerve wracking to speak before a woman who has spoken around the world to large audiences than our little island congregation.  Dino did his today ~ very good though inexperience meant he didn't finish as he wanted having misjudged his time. 

I have Friday at home ~no classes~ & though we will go over for church as usual I will at least be able to use that day for Sunday's preparation.  I have been getting a regular spot each month, enough to keep me in practice, not enough to overburden me while I am in school.  I realised today how blessed I am to be getting that regular practice.  I am *performance hardened* as Star would happily inform me.  It's not that I don't still get nervous, because I do, but I know how to deal with it.  It is not debilitating.  I know how to engage with an audience.  What I have to watch is how I feed of the audience! lol

I am looking forward to Monday when all I still have left to deal with is is Star's singing.

4 comments:

Joyfulmum said...

Life has been hectic here too! Are your sermons podcast by any chance? Would love to listen to one if it was:)

Jeanne said...

Wipes brow...

Jeanne said...

9 months till Liddy comes home. That's a pregnancy.

seekingmyLord said...

I have been busy also. I know you of all people understand.

My 8yo laptop has been at its 40 gig capacity and having little problems because of it while I added the extra responsibilities of working on P&W and the church website along with homeschooling and everything else I need my computer to do in my life, so my husband decided that he would get my Christmas gift early. I now have a new widescreen, stereo, HD, Windows 7 laptop. It also has a built in camera so I do not have to run to find my camera to Skype! (Hint-So how's your laptop with Skype these days?) This new computer almost 20x the hard drive space and a soooo much faster processor will make all the things I have to do easier, of course the easier part comes after the harder part of learning the new OS and loading my programs and transferring my data.

All I really wanted for Christmas was a simple e-reader as some of the e-books I get for reviewing. I rather have the hard copies of books, but an e-reader would be nice for other things as well. I think I will use my birthday and Christmas money gifts (if I get any for Christmas) for that.

On the low tech side of my life, I have lots of baking to do this week as my church is having our Thanksgiving dinner this Sunday. I promised rolls, two pies, and my holiday cole slaw that one of the members of my church calls "purple stuff" and loves!

Ganeida, I have much to share that I cannot on my blog so I will try to put it in an email. Right now my husband teetering on leaving our current church, but I feel no leading from my Lord to change churches at this time.

Well, I need to get to homeschooling and baking. Love you!