GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Monday, November 19, 2012

A Variety of Wildlife.





You know you're less than urban when this amount of wildlife lands on your doorstep in a matter of days...



The tree snake that lives in the creeper outside the door....


A good sized mud crab....



Mullet....


The friar bird nest outside Dino's window.  Let's hope that this year they don't raise a cuckoo....




Butter~wouldn't melt~Marlow


Who brought home this Striped Marsh Frog so gently, for Star.  Not hurt at all & Star released it back into our garden.  The link will let you listen to its call, which we * hear* so constantly all year we no longer actually hear it!

7 comments:

Ruby said...

Frogs, birds and even scissor wielding cats I can manage - but not snakes. Even a tree snake makes me feel icky :-) :-)

Ganeida said...

lol Ruby: I rather like snakes. What I do not like is having to rescue them from my cats! ☺

Julie B. said...

What a fun post! I'm with Ruby though...I am not a snake fan. I would have to watch you untangle a snake from a cat from a long ways off. xxoo

Ganeida said...

Ah, Perhaps I should tell the story of how many of my boys it took to remove a carpet snake from the chook pen...?

seekingmyLord said...

I do not mind most things in the animal kingdom including snakes, but bugs can get to me. I know they are in the animal kingdom by classification, but I think someone made a mistake there.

So just don't do pictures of Australian bugs and all is good!

Libby said...

That Mud Crab is huge. Please congratulate the bro for me on this lovely capture! I just hope the sis steered clear of it... :)

Finding Joy said...

You can keep all those other creatures - the kitty cat looks the best. But why is she lying on the scissors - guarding them!!