GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Friday, June 4, 2010

One award pending...

Linda, at Simply Living Modestly, has given me an award! Now the best part about awards is seeing where other people read & making sneaky visits to see what new friends can be found in the blogosphere. Now you all know what I do when you give me an award! ☺ The trouble, of course, is that there is only so much time in any given day & one cannot devote all of one's time to reading about other people's lives. Still, it is nice to visit occassionally.
"The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blogging world.”

Here are the rules for the Sunshine Award:

Nominate 12 other bloggers

List the award in either a post or on your sidebar

Link your nominees within your post

Let the nominees know you have passed this on to them by commenting on their blog"
You would think, given that 38 people read here, that I would have no trouble coming up with 12 people to pass the award on to but I know many of my readers no longer accept awards to prevent just this dilemma. Some of my newer friends I don't know about when it comes to awards so here is what I am going to do. I am going to list people you may not have read but who I think are fascinating & inspiring & whom you may like to visit occassionaly to read what they have to say. On my part there is no obligation to collect & pass on.
Firstly: Ember at Wabi Sabi Jesus. Author, Quaker, experimenter in simple holistic living Ember's posts are always interesting. She keeps several blogs & I read them all. If wabi sabi & Jesus are not your thing you may enjoy her wry & gentle satire at Diary of an English Lady.
Next, Amanda at My Secret Garden. Lovely blog, lovely well thought out posts. She is an Aussie living even further north than we do so some super gorgeous pictures.
Jeanne at A Peaceful Day. This is one erudite & well travelled lady & while it is predominantly a homeschool blog she posts about losts of other interesting things as well ~ like toilets in various parts of the world! I have a vested interest in such knowledge & tales of my own to tell!
Insatiably curious about other people's lives I have been enjoying getting to know Gerry at The Potter's House. Take a look. Some fascinating & lovely art ~ & poetry. Poetry is always good.
Then there is food. I'm not a foodie so anything that inspires me in that direction is pretty amazing. Try Amelie's House.
And for one of the most beautiful blogs I have ever visited try Erin's Art & Gardens. Beautiful, beautiful photographs. I love her quote too, being the quote lady I am. ☺
Then there is Sandra at World's End Farm ~ who no longer accepts awards but writes a seriously wicked post: satirical, witty, intelligent ~ try her political blog if horses & gardening are not your thing. She cracks me up.
And that's it! I am too ill to do any more so am taking myself back to bed. I may, or may not, get around to letting you all know you've been awarded. Take it as done. Sorry folks but the headache needs nursing & somewhere nice & dark & quiet. Have a blessed weekend.

4 comments:

Gerry Snape said...

What a lovely blog! did you know that Amelies house is my daughter.?I'm loving getting to know you and your thoughts.

Ganeida said...

Gerry:I knew you were related somehow but hadn't worked out the specifics. ☺ Obviously a creative family. BTW you got the award too! ☺ Sorry not to notify you properly but am still battling the wog & crotchety in consequence.

Amanda said...

Thank you Ganeida for thinking of me! I am so blessed by the award!

And, I look forward to visiting the other blogs you have mentioned... always enjoy ferreting around new and interesting blogs, so thank you!

Sandra said...

Ganeida, I'm always flattered by your faithful following of my endeavor. Alas, my political blog is a ghost town. I am too depressed to comment.

I am so sorry you are ill. I absolutely hate being sick and I believe you are the same. I wish I could jump in to help, but Queensland and Minnesota are a little ways apart. I cannot even help by being entertaining because I have blog block. I think I need to let it run its course! Be well soon.