GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Friday, February 26, 2010

A cat or two...

Animals are such agreeable friends ~ they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. George Eliot.
I don't have new pics; Liddy has the camera with her & Liddy is in Melbourne. The boys are, however, growing apace. We have finally convinced them there is no need to wolf their food. There is more where that came from & no~one is going to steal it ~ though we do have to stand guard over Marlow [we've added the *w* because I think it looks better & the meaning is *driftwood*, which is eminently suitable for a cat living on the foreshores.]

I think I won't do another lot of *gloop*. The boys seem to prefer their bikkies, or a chicken wing to gnaw. So funny. They each chew like mad [think they're teething] while emitting a low grumbling growl over their wing. Lid, who can be an awful tease, thought she'd get a reaction by removing a wing from a lad but the poor boy just looked bewildered & hurt until it was given back to him. We are giving them upmarket *dine* for mains but anyone still hungry gets the cheap stuff after they've had their one tin each. No, we don't spoil our cats. Noooooo....

Ditz & I let them out on the verandah for a short run. It's pretty wet here so any outside excursions have been kept short. Very short. Kirby's only idea was to shoot off the verandah as fast as possible & head straight down the hill through the ferns! I sent Ditz after him. Ditz was not impressed, scolded him roundly & shoved him inside pronto! When he's a bit bigger it won't be an issue but we know what lives round here & he doesn't so we're being careful till the boys are bigger.

Yes, we are being purred deaf, cuddled extravagantly, & followed round everywhere. I really don't need company in the loo but if I shut the door the boys cry; if I leave it open they perv. Worse than a toddler really. The nicest thing, because Dearest was so set against getting a 2nd cat, is that Dearest is thrilled with them. He said, as I walked out the door, that I was to get young, short haired cats. Luckily I did what he meant, not what he said. He wanted a cat with lots of Issi traits again: the gentleness, the people craziness, that odd mix of sookiness & smarts & the boys are all that & more.

I think he thought I'd completely lost my mind when I brought the lads home. They were older kittens & he thought they were long~haired ~ which is an issue in our heat. Me, I choose cats on personality, not looks & I was pretty sure about these two. Dearest can't get over how wonderful they are ~ & they nick his special chair, sit on his stamps, bounce on his head at mid~night ~ & he still thinks they're wonderful. They're pretty fond of him too. I think it's the beard. I think they mistake him for another feline.

We are all just so stoked with these two! They'll cuddle anyone & everyone which makes everyone feel really special & they've got lovely house manners. Now their appetite is settling down they are heaps more relaxed all round. I guess I have to start sharing sleeping arrangements with the girls now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
So glad to hear that Marlo and Kirby are making themselves at home. :)

Have a wonderful weekend,
Blessings,
Jillian

Diane Shiffer said...

Oh I am just so glad that your kitties are such sweetie-pies! I was hoping that your boys would be lovies like ours and it looks like they could be sibs as far as personality goes.

Ahhh, cats, they do make life more livable now, don't they♥

Siano said...

That's so nice! I'm convinced Dearest is a closet cat person...

Britwife said...

It's so wonderful that they fit into the house with such ease! :) They truly are adorable.

seekingmyLord said...

:) So happy your furry ones have adapted so well.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Going on what he meant, not what he said... classic. Yup.