GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Food for Thought.


The King of love my Shepherd is,
Whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am His
And He is mine forever.~Henry William Baker

Ah, but do we actually believe it & believing do we act as if we believe it?

Liddy left her book lying round ~ Set Apart Feminity by Leslie Ludy ~ & I'm the sort of person who will read jam jar labels if they're left lying around so having nothing else to read I picked it up.

I have been curiously immune to the fashion & beauty industries all my life so was skimming past the references to those things that have never interested me when I was arrested by the story of Jia. Jia was found by Christ at 16, the child of rural Chinese peasants. The Chinese Government is so harsh in its treatment of Christians China sends more missionaries into Muslim countries than any other country because 'There's nothing the Muslims can do to us that our own government hasn't already done.* In China the price of following Christ is high ~ & those who choose to follow Christ know it!

Jia knew as soon as she declared Christ her family would disown her & kick her out ~ & so they did, leaving her to fight for her very survival on the streets. Now Jia travels from town to town owning nothing but the cloths on her back, reliant on God for every meal,with her friend Lin declaring the love of the Lord to everyone she meets, radiating that love, unable to keep silent about what Jesus has done for her.

It begs the question doesn't it, from the comfort of my Australian living room with it's multiple chairs, stereo & t.v ~ How much do I really love Christ? What am I willing to give up? What still binds me to this world instead of to my Lord & Saviour? If my choices were as stark as Jia's how would I choose? And in reality who has more? And more of what? Food for thought, hm?


What good is having someone who can walk on water if you don't follow in his footsteps? ~Author Unknown

2 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

"What still binds me to this world instead of to my Lord & Saviour?"

you know i can go along thinking that my walk is all well and good... that *i* am completely devoted to Him and not bound to this world. then i read something like this and i realize how firmly bound i am to this worthless world. i don't know what the answer is, except maybe just keeping on with the daily slogging on, "working out my salvation with fear and trembling." maybe someday i'll get there, but for me it will probably not be on this side of glory.. i think i might just be too shallow.

seekingmyLord said...

It is amazing to know of people who live by faith like that. I believe that we all have different challenges that the Lord places on our heart and the main thing is hearing the Lord and being willing so that we each do has what He has for us to do.