GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Little Liddy.

And how can they hear about Him unless someone tells them? Romans 10:14 NLT


Of all the things I really hate doing donning my armour & heading to the front line would be about foremost on my list. The desert forefathers had the right Idea. I want a very tall pole!


The spiritual grenades are lobbing this way, some from people who really should know better, & plenty of them. Not unexpected, no, but a right royal pain in the whatsit! I will leave it to Liddy to document Melbourne. Suffice to say things went pretty well & we will know by the end of the month. As you all now know Chile is something of a mess. We do not know if this will affect things. Actually we don't know a lot but given how much flak is coming our way I'd say Satan is pretty upset & Lid is good to go ~ but that's just my think & God may have other ideas. I think we will all feel better when we know definitely for sure whether she is to go.


I can see a marked spiritual change in Liddy since her return from Melbourne. Interesting. She picked up an award from work for having the best local dairy ~ which is nice but no longer as important to Lid as it once would have been. Her focus is elsewhere ~ & it's been put into perspective.


I don't think I've ever thought much about the process of becoming a missionary ~ well, I wouldn't would I? Not being a sequential thinker & all. God calls, you go. Yes, well. um. It's not quite that simple. Lid's pretty young but she is incredibly competent ~ but I will tell you something on the quiet. Chile may be on the other side of the world but I am A~OK about that. Really I am. You see, I've just learnt that there is such a thing as *secure* countries. What a misnomer! I know what they mean but...! They are called that because if you are caught proselyting you are dead. I knew that, but the suggestion is you have to be so secure in Christ & His call upon your life that you are not fazed by the prospect of dying & I am really, really happy Liddy does not feel called to one of those countries.


The last of the first things are behind us. Until her trip I think Liddy thought I was being mean when I cautioned her about becoming too attached to the kittens but I think she sees the wisdom now. They are one more thing that must be left behind.


It is incredibly exciting to watch a child begin to outstrip you spiritually, to mount up on wings like an eagle, to see the spiritual war clouds gather...so my dear friends, don't forget us in your prayers. Pray especially for the team in Chile & their wisdom & discernment as they consider whether Liddy is the one God means for them & their work. Pray for the work too, which has probably tripled during the present crisis [not much info is coming through yet], & pray for us that we are the strength & support Liddy needs at home as the battle rages round us. Lastly pray that Liddy only grow closer to God as she seeks His will for her life.


We are not living in comfortable times, but boy are they exciting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
I'm praying for Liddy,that He will bless her efforts mightily,that He will use her in His service and that He will keep her safe. :D

Have a wonderful week,
Blessings,
Jillian ♥

Anonymous said...

*He, being our Almighty God*

Duh, where are my brains this morning? :P

Diane Shiffer said...

I am also glad that Liddy does not feel called to "one of those countries." Very glad.

I pray for you guys every day... all of you♥

seekingmyLord said...

I have been and will continue to talk to my Lord about your family.

One thing you wrote, really caught me. I have always prayed that my daughter would better please Him and be far more faithful all her life than I have. Not sure what the Lord plans to do with that...?