GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Sunday, February 1, 2009

And so it goes.

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Kondilla was wonderful & we happily picnicked in the park for lunch but then...ah, then we drove down into Montville & the damage was done! The Poet's Cafe ~ one of many cafes along the tourist strip offering a tempting array of goodies.
The only way to resist temptation, as Oscar Wilde so rightly pointed out, is to give in to it...so we did. We practically rolled down the hill homeward we were all so full, undoing all the good work a stroll up & down a nice big hill had done us.

Mum's garden is getting pretty overgrown thanks to all the rain & I guess once Liddy comes home at the end of this week she will begin the serious business of cutting everything back.

Ditz & I meandered home alone because today is D~day. Ditz has squeezed an extra week of holidays in but we are down to the wire & today we start back at work. Choir audition Wednesday. Ditz has chosen to sing the theme song from Prince Caspian, which is lovely & really suits her voice. She won't say if she is nervous this year or not. Hm. Flute will be Wednesdays too so a really big day mid week but I'd rather squeeze as many extras as possible in to one day. I will probably move violin to Thursday afternoons. We'll see. Ditz may be too tired after such a full Wednesday & all her worst ADD traits in full flight.

This is the bit I really hate, juggling my schedule round to get the best fit for all the things we have to manage to squeeze in. Oh, & doing the stupid start of the year tests. We have those today. They are pretty short but seriously, we haven't looked at Algebra yet so who's the bright bunny sending us Algebra papers? And if I have my way we will never look at Algebra. Once our unit on fractions is done I will be wanting some very practical math ~ book~keeping & budgeting & stuff like that. My Ditz ain't no rocket scientist & we have no use for Algebra.

To add to my joy the curriculum I ordered way back in November, knowing full well I needed to allow for international transport, still hasn't arrived! And shows no signs of arriving any time soon. Plus it is raining, dank, dark & gloomy. I also think Ditz is lying doggo. She's been up with the crows for days but today not a sign nor a squeak. I think that's highly suspicious, don't you?

2 comments:

Molytail said...

And if I have my way we will never look at Algebra. Once our unit on fractions is done I will be wanting some very practical math ~ book~keeping & budgeting & stuff like that. My Ditz ain't no rocket scientist & we have no use for Algebra.

Y'know what? There is a serious lack of practical math skills in the school system - sure, the kids might (for some) graduate being able to work out some seriously nasty abstract calculations....but they can't create a budget for their family..they haven't got a clue how to balance a chequebook....they've no idea how to do their taxes, can't double a recipe....never know if the "deal" they're getting on the new car is truly a deal....:-O

"lying doggo" - *grin* ...I had to google that...what a perfectly lovely expression! :-D

Sandra said...

Sounds like full days ahead. Ditz probably wore herself out all those days she got up with the crows!